Archive for category Automotives
Weather is one of the factors that can affect the engine of a vehicle. Most of the people considered winter season can affect heavily to the cars but summer is also a killer season in terms of the engine life span. These are some procedures and preventive measures in dealing your engines during summer season.
During summer, engines work hard while its cooling system will do their job in keeping your engine not to overheat specially in long road trips. This system has additives that protect the radiator and internal engine parts against wear and corrosions. Sometimes you need to put your engine a mixture of water and coolant type just to ensure your engine not to overheat in the middle of a trip. But be sure that when you do this it is recommended by the car maker.
To maintain the good performance of your car specially the engine, it is important to put engine fluids. Fluids like motor oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and brake fluid. These fluid will help carry out the heat from critical components as well as they also serves as lubricant and coolant.
Two of the worst enemies of batteries are heat and vibration which can cause internal breakdown and ultimate failure. Too much heat can cause battery fluid to evaporate and this can be the reason on having corrosive terminals and connection. Be sure that the cable clamps are clean and tight enough that they won’t move.
Most of the car owner didn’t do their job in checking their cars before using it and as a result they will experience some troubles while they are in a trip. If you are planning for a long road trip, be sure to inspect your car to avoid unexpected emergencies such as flat tires, overheat and others. Here are some of the safety measures that should be done by the owners or drivers before going into a long road trip.
- One of the most important parts that should be checked are the tires, be sure that they are properly filled with air and uneven wear should be observed before traveling.
- Ensure the antifreeze coolant is in good condition; be sure that the coolant is properly replaced as recommended by the vehicle maintenance.
- Check the brakes, brake fluids and power steering fluids before you travel.
- Batteries are also play an important role in traveling so be sure to check it as high temperatures can compromise batteries.
- As part of the engine check up, engine oil should also be monitored as well as the cracked belts.
- Inspect the windshield wiper blades and washer fluid because this will help you in maintaining a clear vision to the road.